2024 Run Celina Ambassadors
Wendi finds peace from running that nothing else can offer. It is her only "me" time that is often needed in our busy world, and Wendi loves it!
Interesting facts about Wendi: she started running at the age of 44 as a plus size woman. Running saved her from losing her mind! She has six children, one angel son, and two grand girls. She works as an instructional designer/technical trainer, and started Graduate School last year at UT Dallas! GO WENDI!!
Goals: more distance and more races in 2023! While she loved every 5K last year, she is going to crush the 10K distance this year by ensuring over half of her 2023 races are 10K + distance!
Shane was a high school and college track runner! After starting a career and family, life happened. He got out of running and became stuck in a busy lifestyle with unhealthy habits to get through. April 2022, he got sick of it and started running again. Initially, it was to lose weight, but now running gives Shane confidence and a self-esteem boost after hitting his goal. The joy of running comes when you get settled into your pace and all the stress melts away.
Interesting facts about Shane: married for 10 years to his lovely wife Kimberly with 3 kiddos. They are his biggest cheerleaders and why he is so focused on a healthy lifestyle. During the day he works in the mortgage industry as an account manager.
Fun Fact: Shane's mother is from Germany and he traveled there a lot as a child. He even went to school in Germany until 1st grade.
Goals: Shane is focused on maintaining a healthy weight and lifestyle. Running is a big part of that. He wants to keep racing 5Ks and 10Ks and aim for a half marathon by the end of the year!
- Unique code for your friends and family for a discount,
- Run Celina branded training shirt,
- Shout out on social media and this webpage, and
- FREE race entry to 2024 Run Celina races.
- Volunteer at one of the following: packet pickup, course set-up, or course takedown,
- Post 1 (one) training run/walk each week until race day tagging Run Celina on Facebook or Instagram, and
- Spread good news about Run Celina and our upcoming race!